June 30, 2010

Coveting: Bone Inlay




Absolutely Beautiful Things

Absolutely Beautiful Things


Graham and Green



Carleton Varney via Little Green Notebook

Bone inlay pieces are far from new in the design world, but my obsession with them just keeps growing. Anna Spiro (aka my idol) has used bone inlay in her work several times and- unsurprisingly-it's always pure perfection. Graham and Green has quite the selection of bone inlay in a wide variety of styles and colors. If only they were in the U.S! So what do you think, are you as obsessed as I am?

8 comments:

  1. I love bone inlay! Check out Wisteria for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this post is about the bone inlay...which I love...but those curtains in the first picture are AMAZING!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am indeed! i used that chest as the inspiration for a console i painted last winter, and while the result obviously isn't the same as inlay, i still love it: http://stonesgatheringmoss.blogspot.com/2010/01/special-bulletin-stone-completes-table.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pink curtains! Gotta Have!!
    <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the graham and Green selection, gorgeous! makes such an impact!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bone inlay - I'm dying to get a dresser like that blue and white one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Thanks for covering inlaid furniture in your post. My partner and I have recently started Sang and Serena Company here in the U.S.; our collection of mother of pearl and bone inlaid pieces is available to all those who live Stateside and abroad. Please feel free to e-mail me at serena@sangandserena.com or to visit us online at www.sangandserena.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments!