December 19, 2009

Winter Storm Survival Kit

Since much of the east coast has been blanketed in a foot or more of snow I thought I would share with you my must haves for surviving in this winter wonderland.

My first necessity for braving out a blizzard is a steaming cup of hot cocoa. Martha Stewart has a great idea for dressing up your marshmallows. Aren't they adorable?


Next up, a comfy cashmere sweater perfect for hibernation. This one from Ella Moss looks like it fits the bill perfectly. *Plus, it's on sale!




Everything is better in leggings!

In my opinion, the Wicked Good Moccasins from LL Bean are the best slippers to weather a winter storm in!

Finally, a cozy cable knit throw is perfectly snuggle worthy and stylish.

I hope those of you on the east cost are safe, warm, and enjoying the snow! I'm thankful I was able to catch the last plane out of DC late last night. Now I'm home and happy in New England!

6 comments:

  1. You got out just in time! We're looking at 2ft down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post! so cute. i'm in new england too- so much snow tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those slippers look absolutely comfy and cozy! Oooh, I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could dive into that mug of cocoa and be very happy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I want that cashmere cardigan! The kind of thing you'll wear until Easter and never want to take off...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm personally a big fan of starfishandsundresses blog. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments!