December 21, 2010

Avedon in Boston




I'm flying home for the holidays tomorrow and while I'm there I definitely plan on making a trip to Boston to see the Avedon Fashion 1944-2000 exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts.  I've been completely enchanted by his work ever since studying his portraits in a photography class during my boarding school days (seems like SO long ago now!The photos above are just a few of my favorites from his online archives. I'm certain the exhibit will be even more inspiring and of course I'll be making a stop at the museum store on the way out! 

7 comments:

  1. fabulous little excursion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so exciting! i purchased the book from the exhibit when it was in NYC and i LOVE it! I wish it would come to DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzy Parker! LOVE HER! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this, it was great!!! Check out the new wing too. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was fortunate to catch an exhibition of his photographs at the Tate in London, one of the best portrait photographers by far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments!