November 6, 2010

NOLA


I'm off to New Orleans tomorrow and couldn't be more excited! I'll be in the area on business but am hoping to set aside time to do some exploring.  One of my favorite artists, Amanda Stone Talley, has a studio on Magazine street (only a few blocks from my hotel!) that I can't wait to check out. I really hope to own a piece of her art someday, but for now, seeing it in person will have to do. I'm also looking forward to Cafe du Monde's famous beignets--yum! Do you have any favorites I can't miss?  As always, I'd love to her your suggestions!

P.S thank you to everyone who left recommendations for my parents' surprise trip to San Francisco. I just spoke to my mom and they've arrived in sunny CA with loads of fun things on the agenda thanks to your suggestions. My dad was completely surprised and I know this will be a birthday to remember for him!

4 comments:

  1. Love her work! Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be browsing in Nola in just a few short weeks! Enjoy your trip, Lindsay!!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I just stumbled on your blog and saw you're headed to one of my favorite places. I used to live in New Orleans.

    If you want some suggestions, check out my New Orleans post where I play "tour guide" for those who are going.

    Have a blast!

    http://inwanderment.com/2010/08/new-orleans-guide-french-quarter-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have the BEST time!!! My husband and I are going for our first time to NOLA in March. Looking forward to hearing about all the FUN you had. Xoxo-BLC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments!