September 19, 2010

Goodbye Charleston, Hello Dottie!

A few months back I had the pleasure of reviewing an adorable dress by Lesley Evers. This summer it saved me from looking like a complete slob at work after I had snoozed one--okay, maybe more like three--too many times! This year Lesley is debuting her first fall line and I was thrilled to be asked to review one of the dresses because I really am a huge fan!

As usual, my dress came beautifully wrapped--P.S because of this ribbon I'm now obsessed with this color purple for fall!


I decided on the Dottie dress. Loved the geometric pattern and because it's sleeveless I thought it'd be a great transition piece for fall.
The Dottie made it into my suitcase to Charleston this weekend for a test run, and honestly, I can't think of a single negative thing about it! The cotton is a heavier weight for fall, but the dress is completely lined so I wasn't at all uncomfortable in the 80+ degree heat.
Here's how I wore it...

I paired it with a triple strand turquoise necklace--obviously living in complete denial that summer is over! Once the colder weather comes I'll be throwing on some tights, boots, and a boyfriend cardigan. Can't wait!

I think the Riley (above) might be next on my list. How adorable is she with her duck boots?! Guarantee I could not pull this one off! Check out the rest of the fall collection and let me know what you think!

16 comments:

  1. oh what a fun dress and seems so comfy too!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the fall line...you know how I feel about tunics! The Dottie (my grammy's name) fits you great and the turquoise pairing is a nice color combo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Dottie dress paired with your turquoise necklace! The fall collection is fabulous and I'm totally with you on being obsessed with purple for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it is gorgeous!! I love the one on the front of the catelogue too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dress! I want all of her fall stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my eye on the Dottie! I'm glad I can see it on someone now- I was afraid it'd be too long but it's a perfect length. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all- but I think the Naomi is my favorite. So simple and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lesley Evers team thanks each of you for the lovely comments. Your comments and feedback are invaluable to us. And, a BIG thank you to our friend Starfish and Sundresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so cute! I love it and I must go check out their stuff right now, I totally need those alarm-clock-didnt-go-off kind of dresses

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! Looks perfect for this past weekend. I just know you had a fab time. Can't wait to see pics!

    And I am so getting back into purple...love it for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is adorable! I love it! What a perfect dress for a warm fall weekend. I am going to check out this line right now. I hope you had fun in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty dress! I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is SUCH a pretty dress!!!! Love the way it looks with the turqouise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes I recall your review maybe I will treat myself to one of the fall styles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a terrific dress--loved your pairing w/ a turquoise necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fabulous! I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments!