March 28, 2010

For the Bibliophile

I'm the first to admit that I'm a big dork when it comes to reading. When I was little, one of the highlights of my summer was whizzing through the summer reading lists at the library. In middle school, I had to be given an extra "reading journal" because I filled the first one so quickly. Cool kid right? These custom bookshelf paintings by Jane Mount are a stylish homage to my inner nerd. If you'd like to nose around other people's shelves visit her site here.

7 comments:

  1. Ummm I think we're soul mates. I was that nerdy kid that lived in the library too! Thank you for introducing me to Mount's work...so charming!
    XO Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with ya on the nerdy factor! Love this idea so much, and love that new banner...so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen! nerds rule! and library nerds really rule! the smell of books is intoxicating to me. i LOVE this, its perfection!

    great find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a book nerd as well! I would go to the library and leave with a giant stack of books and still do :)
    P.S. I hope you've had fun in Atlanta! It's too bad my D.C. trip was while you were gone. I would have loved to meet up! It was very cold while I was there so I'm sending some Florida sunshine up your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love books. Check out my blog today I passed the Happy 101 award blog award on to you and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, i don't blame you... who doesn't love a stack of good reads? these drawings were an awesome find! i'm off to check out the rest now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments!