January 25, 2010

Inspiration for a Modern Preppy Living Room

Even though we've been in our apartment for eight months or so now, I just haven't been able to pull together our living room in a way that I liked. Being that this is our first apartment after college, we inherited a lot of hand-me-down furniture from parents that didn't necessarily come together cohesively. Buying completely new furniture just isn't an option at this point so we're trying to work with what we've got and I also scour craigslist daily for hidden gems.

Yesterday I stumbled across inspiration gold when I was reading back through Anna Spiro's archives at one of my favorite blogs, Absolutely Beautiful Things. These 2007 images of Anna's bedroom served as the launching point for my living room transformation.


Anna's blog also led me to this image of Manuel Canovas covered dining chairs from Style Court.



One of my most recent craigslist finds is this French style console table. I scooped this guy up for a cool $40.00! I plan on painting it kelly green, like Vanessa de Vargas' awesome entry table as seen in Lonny below.



Next, I was on the hunt for a vibrant pair of pillows for my boring white sofa. I found these on etsy which I fell in love with instantly!


I'll be pairing them with these black polka dot pillows also from etsy



and this smaller geometric print pillow because you can never have enough pillows right?! Also from etsy.


Here are some other items I'd love to add to the room.
Untitled
What do you think? I'd love to hear your suggestions!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Anna Spiro's blog makes me drool daily. I would love to go poke through Spiro & Black for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, love it! I cannot believe you got that console table for $40, crazy!

    And also, how funny you did a post on living rooms today... I did too! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the CraigsList find!! I think it will be a beautiful room! Good Job!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will look amazing green! Great find.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillows from Etsy. I really need to get on there and see what they have. I love Etsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments!